Monday, June 1, 2009

Monday Moments:

I officially survived my first week of flying solo - my DH had to go away on business. Although I do have to admit by surviving I mean that I am a total baby and couldn't handle the "aloneness" of it all and took off down to my parents house.

I have a new found respect for all single parents out there. How do you do it? I am not even working and find it so hard. I keep looking for someone to hand my boy off to when I've just had it and feel like I can't take it anymore.

Overall he is such a good kid, but when it's just you and an eighteen month old 24/7 you start to feel like you're losing your mind.

I know I'm not the only one who has ever been left alone with their kids. What did you do to entertain them and yourself? I am looking for ideas to fill up the month of June so I can stop imposing on my family and be a real grown-up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When my hubby has to leave for business, I just try to stay occupied. We go to the park, we watch movies, play games, etc. The hardest time for me is at night - I usually end up going to bed WAY too late because I don't like sleeping by myself. :(

Anna said...

I am in the same boat! My husband has been gone for 3 weeks and will be gone for another two months. I am forced to be an "adult" because my family is all at least 4 states away. So a few things I do with my 22 month old all day
Park, Spray park, childrens museum, aquarium, reading, movies, getting down and playing what she wants, she loves to color and will do it for a good half hour, I fill up buckets of water and let her play in it, sidewalk chalk, she is really good about going shopping with me. Play dates!! we do crafts together. The Gym is usually nice because I get a break but unfortunately she wasn't having that today and made herself throw up to get out of it!


good luck with being a single momma!