Thursday, January 21, 2010

Love, Actually

I grew up with holidays being a big deal at my house.  This was made apparent when my sixteen year old brother asked my mom, "Why hasn't the leprechaun come yet?" last year at 7 p.m.  My husband rolls his eyes, but to me it is a tradition I want to continue.

The problem is, I don't make holidays about my husband at all.  In fact, it's always about the kids.

So I want to do something ultra special for him this Valentine's Day, so maybe next year he'll say, "Honey, how come cupid hasn't shown up yet?" and he won't mean it in a *wink wink* sort of way.

Stumbled across this blog by way of one of the many blogs I frequent.  Love, Actually is such a great idea blog!  I have to get some ducks in a row and try out some of these.  The best part, most of the ideas are not only feasible, but affordable too.  Makes having date night more of a reality once the little monsters show up in your house -- or start sleeping in your bed.  {Yes, that is still a common occurance at my house.}



 

Hope this helps make your Valentine's Day a little more romantic and hubby oriented!

2 comments:

michelle@somedaycrafts said...

That is a great blog I love it too!

Jenni said...

Same thing at my house but with elfie! Slowly Danny is coming around...slowly