Monday, January 25, 2010

An Ode to the Deepfreeze

Somehow along the bumpy trip from Idaho to Arkansas our deep freezer fell ill.  I didn't realize this until after I had stored my six month supply of breastmilk in it, and came out in the morning to find it all thawed out.  Gasp.  Cry with me please because that is literally what I did -- sat down and cried.  Then I took a deep breath, sighed, and walked out of the garage.

Now that it has been a couple of months, and I'm back trusting that a freezer will not fail me again, I took the plunge and bought a gorgeous new upright freezer.  Ecstatic!!!  My DH thinks I'm crazy, but whatever...you all know I'm right.

I went searching for the best way to store my freezables (is that a word??) and came across this tip from A Little Tipsy - read the whole post HERE - and can I just say, it changed my world!  I am able to store twenty pounds of hamburger and twenty pounds of chicken on one shelf!!  I still have a whole freezer to fill up.  Plus, it looks so pretty!  Definitely try it out - and check out their other awesome tips!