Monday, May 11, 2009

Monday Moments: Mom's Day

I ended up in my old stomping ground this weekend to celebrate Mother's Day. My little brother is serving a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in Honolulu, Hawaii and is allowed to call home on Mother's Day. Wanting to get to talk to him, and for the perks of being with my own mom, we ended up back home.

I was promptly reminded early on in the morning that being a mom will always take precedence no matter the day. But fortunately the benefits of mommy-hood far outweigh those moments where you think, "What did I do to deserve this?"

And now at the end of the day, I'm still thinking "What did I do to deserve this?" I have a fully active, adorable little boy who, even with his sticky hands, gives me kisses and loves, runs to me when he falls down, and shows me the world through his tiny hands. I don't know what I did to get such a gift in this life, but being a mom can't be beat.

I hope all you ladies had a wonderful day - I know I did.

No comments: