Thursday, May 28, 2009

Thrifty Thursday: Baby Food

I found this HERE and wanted to share it. I am so excited to try this with baby #2. I plan on using lots of the veggies from my garden and saving even more money this way.

Homemade Baby Food
By Kathleen Gordon-Ross,
senior editor

A special thanks to all the mom's who helped make this article possible!

As a new mother, or even an experienced one, deciding what foods to feed your baby and when, can be really difficult. It's so hard to tell when your little one is ready to try rice cereal and when to start introducing new foods and textures.

To make it even more complex, everyone has an opinion. Some say to start with vegetables so they don't get hooked on the sweet fruits... others talk about introducing foods by color… Thankfully, there's LOTS of helpful information out there on when and how to introduce your baby to solid foods.

We've asked mothers from across the country to share with us their favorite homemade baby food recipes and tips for making your own baby food. This is sure to save you a bundle at the check out counter and open your eyes to a whole new world of food possibilities for your little one.

VEGETABLE PUREE

MEAT PUREE

DUTCH APPLE DESSERT

SWEET PEA, CHICKEN & RICE

and many many more recipes found HERE

Let me know if you have tried this and/or if you have any more sweet tips! Thanks!!!

1 comment:

Ashlee said...

I did this with both of my children and even got some friends into it!

I loved it! My kiddos ate things that they wouldn't have tried in store bought food. My daughter is an Avocado fanatic!

A lot of people say they don't have time for it, but if you have time to cook yourself a meal throw another pot on the stove... Before you know it you have a freezer full of healthy baby food!