Tuesday, November 17, 2009

THOSE days

Day 17
Memories in the Making

~~~

Well, it's been one of THOSE days. You all know the one I am talking about. It started about midnight when Aniston refused to fall back asleep after nursing. I'm already deadbeat tired, thinking, "How can someone so small cause so much irritation?" And then she smiled and all my frustration melted away, but I was still tired. So I woke up my DH to take over...mwhaha...perks of him being a stay-at-home dad while I finish up school. I handed her off and hit the sack.

Then at two a.m. I heard Bryson screaming in his room. So I take the baby back (who is now sleeping peacefully ... Daddy's girl) and let him deal with the frantic "Daddy Daddy" resonating through the walls ... Daddy's boy. {Notice, nobody apparently wants me around.}

Eventually we made it through the night, through the day of school, made the Mickey Mouse cupcakes for the birthday party, set up the tool workbench, got the online test taken, paid the bills, read the mail, got both babies to sleep, and are left to our own accord for a few minutes until one of them wakes up.

I guess the best thing to do at this point is just saddle up and remember that sometimes that's all you can do. Bryson had a great birthday. Aniston is getting her sleep. And I have a hot, adoring husband, and beautiful kids. I suppose this day hasn't been so bad after all. Only thing that could have made it better was if I'd fit in some crafting somewhere...

No comments: